Hilmar Whey Protein
The Three Types
Hilmar Ingredients supplies whey protein made from sweet whey. Its primary source is our parent company’s large-scale cheese operations – the freshest, highest quality whey stream available. From this we produce three different types of whey proteins:
- Hilmar Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) – typically 70% and 80% protein
- Hilmar Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) – typically +90% protein
- Hilmar Whey Protein Hydrolysate (WPH) – typically 80% protein and enzymatically broken into smaller pieces called peptides
Within the Hilmar whey protein concentrate line, we offer specialty proteins including lactose-free, high gelling and alpha-lactalbumin enriched. The Hilmar whey protein hydrolysate line includes several levels of hydrolysis for options in flavor, texture improvement and nutritional value. And the line of Hilmar whey protein isolates includes proteins for clear beverages, dry mix and low pH formulations.
Download the Hilmar Ingredients whey protein product list.
All Hilmar Ingredients whey proteins are Kosher and Halal approved, Non-GMO (our products are not manufactured with genetically engineered components) and EU conforming.
The Two Types
The abundant source of whey permeate from our parent company’s cheese/whey operation provides us with a unique and uninterrupted stream of high-quality raw material. From this secure source and through extensive investment in refining processes, we can offer lactose in two purified grades:
- Hilmar Edible Lactose – used for bakery, confection, meat, infant formula, conversion and fermentation
- Hilmar Refined Edible – perfect in all the above, plus veterinary formulations
Download the Hilmar Ingredients lactose product list.
All Hilmar Ingredients lactose products are Kosher and Halal approved, Non-GMO (our products are not manufactured with genetically engineered components) and EU conforming.
*Consumers – Hilmar Ingredients does not sell directly to the public. Our products are sold only to other manufacturers and in truck-load quantities. Please look for the many high-quality branded foods and beverages made with dairy ingredients in local stores and online.